- Record your details in the Log Book on arrival and put on name badge (first name only);
- Assist in set up and tear down of venue.
- Assist in cleaning the venue before and after guests have attended.
- Assist in preparation of meal and drinks.
- Engaging with, supporting and helping guests feel welcome. Familiarise new guests with venue facilities.
- Learn names of guests.
- Take responsibility of health, safety and welfare of self and others.
- Be aware of and assist in evacuation procedures if required.
- Assist in conflict resolution if necessary.
- Follow the instruction of the Shift Leader and report to them any incidents as soon as possible.
- Back up decisions made by the Shift Leader and do not contradict them in front of other volunteers or guests.
Each shift will have an appointed Shift Leader. This may be the Venue Coordinator or another volunteer.
- Allocating jobs to volunteers.
- Making key decisions when other volunteers are unsure of the best course of action.
- Supporting volunteers where necessary in responding to guests.
- Arrange handover between shift leaders.
- Liaising with Venue Coordinator and/or Project Coordinator if necessary.
- Be vigilant about maintaining the logbook. All volunteers must be signed in and any incidents recorded.
Venue Coordinators are responsible for managing the human and physical resources of the Shelter.
- Attend meetings with Project Coordinator and other Venue Coordinators.
- Team leader of a shift on the night at their church.
- Ensure safe and smooth running of Shelter at their venue.
- Ensure there are enough volunteers for each shift in liaison with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Prepare the venue.
- Ensure provisions are available and sufficient to prepare meals and clean venue before and after use.
- Leading and briefing team, allocating jobs and giving vision to volunteers.
- Receive the guest list and book guests into the Shelter venue.
- Be vigilant about maintaining and keeping secure the logbook and ensure it is passed on to the next venue.
- Remain contactable throughout the time that the venue is being used.
- Collecting and providing monitoring information to the Project Coordinator.
The evening meal will be served at 7:00 PM. Numbers will be between 10 and 16 (including volunteers) and will be confirmed to the Venue Coordinator each afternoon.
- Either purchase or use food provided to cook a healthy meal.
- Follow the Food Hygiene Policy and procedures.
- Arrive at venue from 5:30 PM. Contact the Venue Coordinator if you need to negotiate early access. Serve meal at 7:00 PM.
- Guests and volunteers are responsible for cleaning up.
- Once the kitchen is cleaned, you have the option of leaving the Shelter or staying on to be with the guests (the Venue Coordinator will assess if this is appropriate regarding the guest/volunteer ratio).
Drivers are needed in two roles:
- To pick up guests in the minibus from the designated location and drive them to the Shelter venue at 6PM. Volunteers must be 25+ years and able to drive a manual transmission.
- To move the trailer from one venue to another during the daytime (after 9AM and before 5PM) of a shift on the night at their church. Drivers moving the trailer will need to have a tow bar and be willing to use their own vehicle.